The adventure of life is to learn. The goal of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The secret of life is to dare. The beauty of life is to give. The joy of life is to love! ~William Ward

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Low light without a flash

I did a low light seminar with Karen Russell this week.  These are my practice shots, all taken without using my flash.  The girls were in their Halloween costumes when I got there and changed into their jammies for this shot.

 K was willing to go coatless in 45 degree weather to help me out!


I've wondered just how sharp my camera with a prime lens is.  Now I have my answer!  Look at those eyes!

This one is my favorite.  Using a window at night to reflect light onto my subject was an experiment for me.



I totally love the look on her face.  She wanted the same shot as her sister.  I asked her not to touch the window...

No comments:

Post a Comment