The adventure of life is to learn. The goal of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The secret of life is to dare. The beauty of life is to give. The joy of life is to love! ~William Ward

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My garden is not colorful...


Actually it's dormant (that's a nicer word than "dead") but I needed to take a picture outside so, I took this shot of some grasses that we planted several years ago. We used to cut them down as soon as they died but have now decided to leave them alone because they do give an otherwise bland landscape a bit of personality! I was working a little on composition here. Trying to get the grass and the sky without the trees and other distracting backgrounds. I had to lay in the wet, berry covered mulch to do this. I think KR would like that, even if it's landscape shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment