The adventure of life is to learn. The goal of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The secret of life is to dare. The beauty of life is to give. The joy of life is to love! ~William Ward

Monday, February 8, 2010

Busy day today!

The first two shots were taken at Newlin Grist Mill. I couldn't decide which orientation I like better so I'm posting both for Water Week. I had to trek through two feet of snow to get these because I wasn't totally happy with the composition of the falls when I took the pictures looking straight on.


























This shot is for my Shoot from the Hip challenge. I metered off the sky for the light and then without looking through the viewfinder pressed the shutter button! It took a lot of pressing to get a picture that had a decent composition and cabin that was level!




This last shot is for My Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson group. It's about showing motion while your subject looks stationary. It's also called panning! I need a lot more practice at panning and it'll probably be easier to do it went I get another tripod and after the snow melts. But I think I have the general gist of the assignment.


No comments:

Post a Comment