The adventure of life is to learn. The goal of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The secret of life is to dare. The beauty of life is to give. The joy of life is to love! ~William Ward

Sunday, February 7, 2010

New week, new themes!

For this week I'm working on water and shooting from the hip! The first is pretty self explanatory and the second one means I can't look through the viewfinder. I've got to do my best to set my ap and ss, and then shoot and hope the camera focuses on something worthwhile!

Not sure how I feel about this one. I started out trying for boiling water, but the steam made it look to unfocused. Then I tried for the water droplets on the inside of the lid but didn't like my compositions. Next it was this with the light from the range hood lit. It was too yellow 'cause I forgot to change my WB. After I fixed the white balance I just needed to adjust the composition. This has a bit of blue hue around the outside and little bit of yellow cast to the water, but I kinda like it!



this guy did not want to sit where I put him! I wasn't thrilled about the cars in the background but they're there, and I'm happy the focus fell more or less on his face and eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment