The adventure of life is to learn. The goal of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The secret of life is to dare. The beauty of life is to give. The joy of life is to love! ~William Ward

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Capturing more motion..

I want to take credit for thinking ahead on this one but it wasn't intentional. A few weeks ago when I went to Hawaii, Kevin, Sam and I flew on this little puddle-jumper from Maui to Oahu to visit Pearl Harbor. Thirty six people plus the pilot, co-pilot and flight attendant. On the way over I didn't give the propellers a single thought, even after walking so close to them that I could've touched them.

On the way back though I realized that I coud see right through the rotating blades as if they weren't there. That's the Maui coastline.
I got the idea to see if I could stop motion and get a piece of the propeller in the window. It took a few trys and a shutter speed of 1/4000 sec to do it but yes, I could stop motion. As I was patting myself on the back I realized that I really did not want to think about the propeller being stopped, so put the camera down!




No comments:

Post a Comment