The adventure of life is to learn. The goal of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The secret of life is to dare. The beauty of life is to give. The joy of life is to love! ~William Ward

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Capturing Motion...

it's easier said then done sometimes. Panning is something I had a hard time with in the Understanding Exposure study. It takes a lot of practice or just really good timing! The idea is to have the subject, in this case-Michael in focus while the back ground is blurred out.

Next I tried to have the machine in focus and show motion by blurring the grass coming out of the shoot.

For the last one I zoomed in really tight (while hiding behind a tree so I didn't get hit with rock or some other item flying out of the mower-been there-done that-not fun!) and tried to get a close-up of the grass coming out. I think it looks kinda cool. But, that's just my opinion!



2 comments:

  1. These are really cool shots. I haven't accomplished "catching motion" yet. (And I must admit - I haven't tried to learn, either).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I love the last one, they are all great though. It's fun to see your work on project 365.

    ReplyDelete