The adventure of life is to learn. The goal of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The secret of life is to dare. The beauty of life is to give. The joy of life is to love! ~William Ward

Monday, April 12, 2010

Framing in a hurry...

Framing is the technique of drawing to the subject in your image by blocking other parts of the image with something in the scene. -definition from the DPS website.




I was in hurry today. Meg had a paper to write and I felt bad pulling her away, so I thought I'll take 6 shots or so and live with the results. Of course I didn't like the results but I learned some things in the process. Sometimes good images take time to create. Sometimes things just don't work out like you plan. And sometimes it's okay for things to just be okay if you learn something in the process and keep trying. I think in the first on I should have cropped in a bit more. Meg gets lost in the image even though I wanted her to be the focal point.
The second picture I took in Kehei while in Hawaii. Kevin and I were walking to the beach to see the sunset. As we walked through the park to get out onto the beach I noticed the sun being framed by the branches of the tree. The silhouette was a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment