The adventure of life is to learn. The goal of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The secret of life is to dare. The beauty of life is to give. The joy of life is to love! ~William Ward

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Our last day...

well, what can I say? It was bittersweet! I really did not want to come home, but honesty I needed a homecooked meal and I mean that even if I'm the one that had to cook it!

Since checkout was at 11 and our flight not until 5, we headed to the aquarium since we'd heard lots of good things about it, but first we spent some time out on the lenei watching the ocean, the whales, listening to the surf, and drinking it all in. I was trying to take mental notes so that I don't forget it. Any of it.

Climbing a coconut tree was on Sam's list of things to do! Not as easy as he thought, especially since he was carrying my backpack, complete with laptop, camera, lenses and everything that would fit in it! It weighed a ton.

Then it was off to the airport for a very long flight home with very little sleep. I am happily back with my guys again and Kevin's ride to school picked him up promptly at three for three and half more hours in the car. Lynn and Sam have a four hour drive ahead of them. An hour to Lancaster to pick up Gary's car and three more hours home. Hopefully they are tucked in safe and sound by now and telling everyone what a wonderful place Maui is!
















No comments:

Post a Comment